When I first heard that I would be headed to Lacoste as part of a université trip, I assumed that I would also learn about the origins of the famous clothing mark of the same name. Boy, was I wrong! Lacoste is a small village in the “Lubéron” nestled in the Vaucluse department in the south of France.
Despite its Médiévale vibe, Lacoste is open to modernity in the form of art – specifically at the Château du Marquis du Sade.
5 Raisons to step foot in Lacoste:
- The Château du Marquis du Sade aka Le Château de Lacoste. This Château offers visitors something unique – a rarity – not found in most other castles: Art moderne. Art moderne can be found all throughout the château‘s grounds.
This display of art moderne is a project by the Savannah School of Art, which is situated just steps from the château.
- Plenty of pique-nique space with a view. There’s no better way to enjoy lunch in Lacoste than relaxing on the gravel grounds of the Château du Marquis du Sade and enjoying the view!
- A step back in time. With it’s cobblestone streets and stone steps; it’s wash-house and windmill, Lacoste boasts “cute Médiévale village“.
- Le Forêt des Cèdres. This communal forêt is composed of 94 ha of flora and fauna – not to forget the cèdres trees imported from North Africa. It’s an excellent way to discover that Lacoste is not only the centre-ville! So, lace up your hiking boots or get your bike ready because this national forêt is not to be missed! It’s about a 4 km balade.
- Le marché de Lacoste. The Lacoste marché takes place every Tuesday from Mai–Septembre.
Lacoste is the lover you never knew existed: With its Médiévale aspects combined with hints of modern artwork and a national forêt, Lacoste will fill any touriste’s dreams in one day. ♦
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine.
- Forward: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Chapitre 1: A Mariage in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Chapitre 2: An Encounter Célèbre in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 3:
DartToothpick Throwing in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 4: Sleepy Seals in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5: A Taste of the Sweet Soleil on Mission Beach in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5 1/2: Images from San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 6: Filipino Fast-Food in National City, CA
- Chapitre 7: An Amazing Aventure in Anaheim, CA
- Chapitre 8: A Célébrité Sighting in Hollywood, CA
- Chapitre 9: Around the World in Las Vegas, NV
- Chapitre 10: Happily Hula Dancing in Honolulu, HI
- Chapitre 11: Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA
- Chapitre 12: A Dauphin Sighting in Panama City Beach, FL
- Chapitre 13: A Thrilling Tubing Expérience in Knoxville, TN
- Chapitre 14: Alligators, Craw-Fish, & a Lighthouse in Tybee Island, GA
- Chapitre 15: St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 16: A Milestone in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 17: Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Chapitre 18: Nothing but Nifty Beaches and Musées in Nice, France
- Chapitre 19: A Day of Soleil and a Yellow Submarine in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Chapitre 20: Parfait Scents of Lavande in Eze, France
- Chapitre 21: Déception in Saint-Tropez, France
- Chapitre 22: Climbing through the Château in the Comte of Monte Cristo in Marseille, France
- Chapitre 23: Peddle Boating in Les Gorges du Verdon, France
- Chapitre 24: An Adventure Afoot in Lourmarin, France
- Chapitre 25: Modern Art Found in a Castle in Lacoste, France