In 2007, my road-tripping days truly began. Overseas trips were too costly at this point in my life (but, not to worry! Those would come soon enough).
I drove to Jacksonville Beach, FL from Chicago with my (now ex) boyfriend.
The drive was rather exhausting, so, we met my grand-mère and her partner…
…as well as two cousines in Mason, Georgia for the night (at this point, GA is not counted as a Chapitre because we only slept there for 1 night & we did not experience the city).
We stayed the night in Georgia and then hit the road the next morning.
What better excuse to experience the warm sand and the fresh Océan Atlantique beneath my feet than to attend the mariage of my cousin?
My cousin‘s wedding was beau!
5 Raisons to Step Nude-foot on Jacksonville Beach:
- The beach is calming. There’s no better way to relax than sunbathing on the beach.
- There’s plenty of space to claim for a mariage. The beach isn’t overly crowded, so, it’s perfect to host a beach wedding (and, obviously, a shoe-free wedding). Of course, there are still beach patrons here and there, but all-in-all you can easily claim a partie of the beach for a mariage.
- The waves are not obnoxious. It’s definitely not a good surfing beach; however, it’s perfect for a nice, muscle-relaxing dip.
- There’s plenty of beach space for everyone! Jacksonville Beach consists of about 22 miles of beach! So, you’re likely to be able to snap a photo without any bystanders in the background!
- There’s a never-ending supply of exfoliate. There’s no better (and free, might I add) way to exfoliate the feet than walking around in the sand.
My time spent in Jacksonville Beach proved to be a nice, relaxing trip!
It was a quick few days, but I had an amazing time breathing in the fresh air from the Océan Atlantique. ♦
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine.
- Forward: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Chapitre 1: A Mariage in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Chapitre 2: An Encounter Célèbre in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 3:
DartToothpick Throwing in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 4: Sleepy Seals in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5: A Taste of the Sweet Soleil on Mission Beach in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5 1/2: Images from San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 6: Filipino Fast-Food in National City, CA
- Chapitre 7: An Amazing Aventure in Anaheim, CA
- Chapitre 8: A Célébrité Sighting in Hollywood, CA
- Chapitre 9: Around the World in Las Vegas, NV
- Chapitre 10: Happily Hula Dancing in Honolulu, HI
- Chapitre 11: Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA
- Chapitre 12: A Dauphin Sighting in Panama City Beach, FL
- Chapitre 13: A Thrilling Tubing Expérience in Knoxville, TN
- Chapitre 14: Alligators, Craw-Fish, & a Lighthouse in Tybee Island, GA
- Chapitre 15: St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 16: A Milestone in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 17: Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Chapitre 18: Nothing but Nifty Beaches and Musées in Nice, France
- Chapitre 19: A Day of Soleil and a Yellow Submarine in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Chapitre 20: Parfait Scents of Lavande in Eze, France
- Chapitre 21: Déception in Saint-Tropez, France
- Chapitre 22: Climbing through the Château in the Comte of Monte Cristo in Marseille, France
- Chapitre 23: Peddle Boating in Les Gorges du Verdon, France
- Chapitre 24: An Adventure Afoot in Lourmarin, France