After singing, “these boots were made for walking…” at the top of our lungs, it was time to say, “au revoir,” to one of my BFFs. I decided to head to the hôtel to get some shut-eye because, after all, I had a “big,” touriste day ahead of me tomorrow.
It was a warm, sunny (ok partly-cloudy) après-midi. A parfait day for a leisurely, touriste stroll in Memphis.
During my promenade, I came across a giant…pyramid. “Am I in Memphis, TN or in Memphis, Egypte?” I chuckled to myself.
I was, indeed, in Memphis, TN, and there was, towering before me, a géant, steel pyramid. The Memphis Pyramid intrigued me! Memphis is known for Elvis, it’s rich histoire de musique, The Civil Rights Musée, BBQ…and the Memphis Pyramid…wait, What? That last one got me. It turns out, in 2007, the Memphis Pyramid was used as an arena for concerts and sporting events. Today (in 2016), the Pyramid now hosts a Bass Pro Shops Megastore including: Big Cypress Lodge (an hôtel), Ducks Unlimited Waterfowling Heritage Center, Beretta Fine Gun Center, Fish Aquarium and Alligator Feeding, a laser arcade, an archery range and pistol range, Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl & Grill (and bowling alley), and the Lookout (a 28-story freestanding elevator & glass observation deck).
After admiring the pyramid, my stomach sounded the alarm: It’s time to eat! A friend (and native to Memphis) introduced me to the art of
dart toothpick throwing and Memphis style burger devouring at Huey’s. It was quite the experience!
5 Raisons to Get Some Grub at Huey’s in Memphis:
Once you’ve devoured that gooey, greasy, delicious burger, you can enjoy the art of throwing the toothpick, which held that scrumptious sandwich together, on the ceiling.
- Wall graffiti. After you’ve finished throwing your toothpick on the ceiling, you can write all about how you enjoyed the dining experience on the walls! …Or you can use the wall to exprime a love confession. It’s your choix.
- Endless amounts of Blues and Rock ‘n Roll musique. There’s nothing better than enjoying a juicy burger with your favorite oldies hits!
- Gooey, delicious burgers! The spécialité: burgers (duh!)! There’s 11 burgers to choose from: see Huey’s menu. Of course, they offer a variety of “heart healthy” plats, too, but let’s be honnête, the burgers are the best!
- Live musique! There’s live musique every Sunday and karaoke every Monday! See the events calendar to find out who’s playing and at which location!
Memphis has a lot to offer, after all, some claim that Memphis is the rock ‘n roll capital of the U.S., but there’s one restaurant you can’t miss: Huey’s! If you’re looking for the ultimate burger experience, then Huey’s is the way to go! ♦
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine.
- Forward: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Chapitre 1: A Mariage in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Chapitre 2: An Encounter Célèbre in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 3:
DartToothpick Throwing in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 4: Sleepy Seals in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5: A Taste of the Sweet Soleil on Mission Beach in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5 1/2: Images from San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 6: Filipino Fast-Food in National City, CA
- Chapitre 7: An Amazing Aventure in Anaheim, CA
- Chapitre 8: A Célébrité Sighting in Hollywood, CA
- Chapitre 9: Around the World in Las Vegas, NV
- Chapitre 10: Happily Hula Dancing in Honolulu, HI
- Chapitre 11: Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA
- Chapitre 12: A Dauphin Sighting in Panama City Beach, FL
- Chapitre 13: A Thrilling Tubing Expérience in Knoxville, TN
- Chapitre 14: Alligators, Craw-Fish, & a Lighthouse in Tybee Island, GA
- Chapitre 15: St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 16: A Milestone in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 17: Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Chapitre 18: Nothing but Nifty Beaches and Musées in Nice, France
- Chapitre 19: A Day of Soleil and a Yellow Submarine in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Chapitre 20: Parfait Scents of Lavande in Eze, France
- Chapitre 21: Déception in Saint-Tropez, France
- Chapitre 22: Climbing through the Château in the Comte of Monte Cristo in Marseille, France
- Chapitre 23: Peddle Boating in Les Gorges du Verdon, France
- Chapitre 24: An Adventure Afoot in Lourmarin, France
- Chapitre 25: Modern Art Found in a Castle in Lacoste, France