From the moment the plane touched down, I was in love with San Diego.
The weather was dry but comfortable.
For most of my stay, the sun shone brightly, but wasn’t scorching hot.
Everyday was the moment parfait to enjoy the beach. Mission Beach.
5 Raisons to Enjoy the Sunset on Mission Beach:
- Mission Beach isn’t just for surfing and sunbathing, it also hosts a nombre of other types of activités. From horseshoes to bicycling to basketball, there’s a wide variety of non-water based activités for everyone.
- The Giant Dipper Roller Coaster. There’s no better way to enjoy the vue of the sunset than from the Giant Dipper.
- Lunch on the grass, not on the sand. There are plenty of pic-nic tables for beach patrons to enjoy lunch, dîner, or even a game of poker.
- Surf in the Wave House Athletic Club. There is plenty of océan space for everyone; however, for beginners or those who prefer not to take the risque in the océan, the Wave House Athletic Club offers fake ocean waves.
*Edit: As of 02 Janvier 2016, The Wave House Athletic Club is currently being reconstructed, so, it is closed.
- Fish for lunch. The Mission Bay Jetty offers fishers a nice spot to reel in some yellow tail.
Mission Beach may not be the Best beach in the U.S.A., but it certainly has its perks!
If you’re in the San Diego area, I recommend taking a day to enjoy the beach and some of the activités it has to offer. And, don’t forget to test your adrénaline on the Giant Dipper! ♦
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine.
- Forward: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Chapitre 1: A Mariage in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Chapitre 2: An Encounter Célèbre in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 3:
DartToothpick Throwing in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 4: Sleepy Seals in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5: A Taste of the Sweet Soleil on Mission Beach in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5 1/2: Images from San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 6: Filipino Fast-Food in National City, CA
- Chapitre 7: An Amazing Aventure in Anaheim, CA
- Chapitre 8: A Célébrité Sighting in Hollywood, CA
- Chapitre 9: Around the World in Las Vegas, NV
- Chapitre 10: Happily Hula Dancing in Honolulu, HI
- Chapitre 11: Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA
- Chapitre 12: A Dauphin Sighting in Panama City Beach, FL
- Chapitre 13: A Thrilling Tubing Expérience in Knoxville, TN
- Chapitre 14: Alligators, Craw-Fish, & a Lighthouse in Tybee Island, GA
- Chapitre 15: St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 16: A Milestone in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 17: Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Chapitre 18: Nothing but Nifty Beaches and Musées in Nice, France
- Chapitre 19: A Day of Soleil and a Yellow Submarine in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Chapitre 20: Parfait Scents of Lavande in Eze, France
- Chapitre 21: Déception in Saint-Tropez, France
- Chapitre 22: Climbing through the Château in the Comte of Monte Cristo in Marseille, France
- Chapitre 23: Peddle Boating in Les Gorges du Verdon, France
- Chapitre 24: An Adventure Afoot in Lourmarin, France