In 2008, I traveled the world in 1 day. “How was that possible?” You ask.
Well, let’s take a second to ponder this question: “In what city can you travel the world without leaving the city?”
5 Raisons to Travel the World in Las Vegas (if, for whatever raison, you can’t really travel the world):
- La Tour Eiffel.
Standing strong at Paris Las Vegas, la Tour Eiffel, offers Vegas-goers a hint at what awaits them in the Réal Paris. Certainement, it doesn’t remplace the réal thing, but it lets you prétendre you’re in Paris…
Plus, you can even take the elevator up to the top!
- Rome: It’s only a few steps (littéralement) away from Paris. It’s rather easy to walk from city to city: Spend the morning in Paris and the afternoon in Rome!
Caesar’s Palace offre Vegas-goers a mix of modernité (think: slot machines) and ancient Roman architecture.
- The Castle: Excalibur. No need to pull the sword from the stone to live like a King or Queen in this château!
- Miracle Mile Shops. Even the mall offre something unique: It rains!
- New York City.
Why go to the real New York City when you can have the NYC experience in between Paris and Rome?
If you don’t have the means to travel the world (for whatever raison) but you have the itch to do so, then Vegas is a good place to start. The varying architecture makes it quite simple to set aside the slot machines and casinos and to let you live the dream of any World Traveler. ♦
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine.
- Forward: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Chapitre 1: A Mariage in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Chapitre 2: An Encounter Célèbre in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 3:
DartToothpick Throwing in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 4: Sleepy Seals in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5: A Taste of the Sweet Soleil on Mission Beach in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5 1/2: Images from San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 6: Filipino Fast-Food in National City, CA
- Chapitre 7: An Amazing Aventure in Anaheim, CA
- Chapitre 8: A Célébrité Sighting in Hollywood, CA
- Chapitre 9: Around the World in Las Vegas, NV
- Chapitre 10: Happily Hula Dancing in Honolulu, HI
- Chapitre 11: Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA
- Chapitre 12: A Dauphin Sighting in Panama City Beach, FL
- Chapitre 13: A Thrilling Tubing Expérience in Knoxville, TN
- Chapitre 14: Alligators, Craw-Fish, & a Lighthouse in Tybee Island, GA
- Chapitre 15: St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 16: A Milestone in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 17: Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Chapitre 18: Nothing but Nifty Beaches and Musées in Nice, France
- Chapitre 19: A Day of Soleil and a Yellow Submarine in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Chapitre 20: Parfait Scents of Lavande in Eze, France
- Chapitre 21: Déception in Saint-Tropez, France
- Chapitre 22: Climbing through the Château in the Comte of Monte Cristo in Marseille, France
- Chapitre 23: Peddle Boating in Les Gorges du Verdon, France