The lune was shining down on us as we entered the boîte.
“I should’ve worn a different shirt,” I thought to myself.
It was much more chaud, or hot, in Knoxville than in Chicago – I wasn’t préparée for it. Luckily, the reste of the week-end was spent tubing!
This was my first time tubing and it most definitely won’t be my last! To feel the vagues, or waves, bobbing us up and down, and to use all of my force to hang on (I may have been thrown off a couple times) was simply thrilling!
5 Raisons to Spend a Week-end in Knoxville:
- Concord Park. Concord Park offre a variété of activités such as hiking, skateboarding, various sports (soccer, golf…), and The Cove, which offre fishing (and other water activités) in Fort Loudoun Lake. There’s nothing more relaxing than admiring the park while kayaking on the lake.
- Fort Loudoun Lake. Although it’s not a very clean lake, it’s a great way to spend a chaud afternoon!
- Wakeboarding competitions. In 2010, I witnessed the Mastercraft Pro Wakeboard Tour hosted in Knoxville. There’s no better way to enjoy Knoxville than taking your boat out on Fort Loudoun Lake and watching a wakeboard competition.
- Gay Street. Gay Street is the street for Knoxville’s most historical sights such as the Tennessee Theatre. Gay Street is even referenced in Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain.
- Norris Lake. Norris Lake is not actually in Knoxville; however, the beauty of staying in Knoxville is that Norris Lake can be easily accessed by car. Leave after breakfast, pic-nic on the boat, and be home by dinner: It’s the journée parfaite!
Knoxville is a quaint ville, or city, with quite a histoire! If you ever find yourself in the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Capitale, be sure to rent a boat and get yourself out on the lake, for Knoxville is best enjoyed whilst on the water. ♦
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine.
- Forward: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Chapitre 1: A Mariage in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Chapitre 2: An Encounter Célèbre in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 3:
DartToothpick Throwing in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 4: Sleepy Seals in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5: A Taste of the Sweet Soleil on Mission Beach in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5 1/2: Images from San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 6: Filipino Fast-Food in National City, CA
- Chapitre 7: An Amazing Aventure in Anaheim, CA
- Chapitre 8: A Célébrité Sighting in Hollywood, CA
- Chapitre 9: Around the World in Las Vegas, NV
- Chapitre 10: Happily Hula Dancing in Honolulu, HI
- Chapitre 11: Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA
- Chapitre 12: A Dauphin Sighting in Panama City Beach, FL
- Chapitre 13: A Thrilling Tubing Expérience in Knoxville, TN
- Chapitre 14: Alligators, Craw-Fish, & a Lighthouse in Tybee Island, GA
- Chapitre 15: St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 16: A Milestone in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 17: Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Chapitre 18: Nothing but Nifty Beaches and Musées in Nice, France
- Chapitre 19: A Day of Soleil and a Yellow Submarine in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Chapitre 20: Parfait Scents of Lavande in Eze, France
- Chapitre 21: Déception in Saint-Tropez, France
- Chapitre 22: Climbing through the Château in the Comte of Monte Cristo in Marseille, France
- Chapitre 23: Peddle Boating in Les Gorges du Verdon, France
- Chapitre 24: An Adventure Afoot in Lourmarin, France
- Chapitre 25: Modern Art Found in a Castle in Lacoste, France