Eze welcomed me with fresh scents of lavande…but not the kind that you find outdoors.
No, this lavande was from a parfum factory: Fragonard.
After a lovely tour at Fragonard and some parfum and soap purchases,
I décidé to visite the rest of the village.
It was quite a hike to get from Fragonard to the centre-ville,
but we made it!
It was definitely worth the climb!
5 Raisons to Soak up the Lavande in Eze:
- Fragonard (duh!). This parfumerie offre an exciting tour in many langues – including Anglais (English) – of the factory: It’s histoire, it’s opération and production, as well as an explication of the Nez (Noses) are included on this tour.
- La mer. Eze is a coastal village! There’s no better way to enjoy the Méditerranée than relaxing on a plage (beach) within reach of wonderful scents of parfum.
- La Cité Médiévale. Eze was an ancien village Médiévale. Today, ruines of the château can still be seen!
- La Grande Corniche. La Corniche (roads made from the montagne cliffs) is composed of 3 routes that lead into the Méditerranée; La Grande Corniche is the most famous of the 3 – and it just happens to make an apparence in Eze. It was even featured in a car chase scène in the James Bond film, Golden Eye!
- L’Église Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption d’Èze. This quaint, charmante église not only boasts of 18th century architecture but it also offre belles vues of the mer.
Eze may be a village but it’s a Must-See for fans of architecture Médiévale (and parfum, bien-sûr!)!
When in Eze, don’t forget to make some time in-between the parfum and the Médiévale ruines to enjoy the côte. ♦
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine.
- Forward: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Chapitre 1: A Mariage in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Chapitre 2: An Encounter Célèbre in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 3:
DartToothpick Throwing in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 4: Sleepy Seals in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5: A Taste of the Sweet Soleil on Mission Beach in San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 5 1/2: Images from San Diego, CA
- Chapitre 6: Filipino Fast-Food in National City, CA
- Chapitre 7: An Amazing Aventure in Anaheim, CA
- Chapitre 8: A Célébrité Sighting in Hollywood, CA
- Chapitre 9: Around the World in Las Vegas, NV
- Chapitre 10: Happily Hula Dancing in Honolulu, HI
- Chapitre 11: Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA
- Chapitre 12: A Dauphin Sighting in Panama City Beach, FL
- Chapitre 13: A Thrilling Tubing Expérience in Knoxville, TN
- Chapitre 14: Alligators, Craw-Fish, & a Lighthouse in Tybee Island, GA
- Chapitre 15: St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, GA
- Chapitre 16: A Milestone in Memphis, TN
- Chapitre 17: Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Chapitre 18: Nothing but Nifty Beaches and Musées in Nice, France
- Chapitre 19: A Day of Soleil and a Yellow Submarine in Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Chapitre 20: Parfait Scents of Lavande in Eze, France
- Chapitre 21: Déception in Saint-Tropez, France
- Chapitre 22: Climbing through the Château in the Comte of Monte Cristo in Marseille, France
- Chapitre 23: Peddle Boating in Les Gorges du Verdon, France
- Chapitre 24: An Adventure Afoot in Lourmarin, France