L’été brings the free (and the payant) fêtes to Aix (FYI l’été starts in Mai: Foire d’Aix, All Bikes Fest…etc…).
The Allées Provençales (the outdoor centre-commercial in Aix) has been working with the ville to host an array of free festivals throughout the year. This Spring – l’été, the mall offre a wide range of free fêtes called Rendez-vous Décallées. Rendez-vous Décallées not only includes festivals but also activités such as treasure hunts, games, and workshops.
Last week-end (27-28 Mai) was the All Bikes Fest: An expo of US collector cars and bikes.
There were also non-collector cars (unless people have started collecting all Ford marques…).
En réalité, this fest was more of an auto show with an emphasis on US collector cars/bikes as non-US brands were also présentes.
In addition to this auto show, there was a dance school hosting free leçons!
There was also a concert!
Here’s a look at what’s to come this Juin aux Allées Provençales:
- This week-end (Juin 3-5) is the Salon Immobilier. This is the first year for this estivale (summer fest), which was organisé by SEMEPA (Société d’Economie Mixte d’Equipement du Pays d’Aix), Aix, and the French version of the MLS: le portail d’annonces immobilières. This fest includes the ville‘s projection for urban development, disponible rentals and purchases, and what’s to come in urban conglomeration.
- Juin 11 is the Euro 2016 Fest. There will be Foosball and bubble ball!
- Juin 18 is the Journée et Bien- être. It’s a health and wellness day including nail bar, makeup workshops, and shiatsu.
- Juin 25 is Excel Aix. This fest will include eco-friendly, hybrid, and électrique cars.
Here’s a look at what’s happening in Juin (free** and payant) in Aix (in addition to what’s happening aux Allées Provençales):
- Juin 3-6 is Côté Vivre Sud. This fest is not free: It costs 10€, 7€ for the reduced fare; it takes place in Parc Jourdan. There are over 250 expos including demonstrations culinaires, taste testing, decorating advice for jardins, and more!
- Juin 3-6 is also Rendez-Vous aux Jardins.* The cost of this fest dépend on the jardin you visite: Pavillon Vendôme is a free jardin public – the musée will be open and is also free, Bastide de Romégas is a jardin privé and costs 4€/ for âges 10+*, Jardin du château du Seuil is free and offre wine tastings, and Parc de la bastide du Jas de Bouffan is a free jardin public and offre Watergame (interactive art made by the art students at the Ecole Superieure d’Art D’Aix).
- Juin 5 is Playground Cercle Basket Contest 2016.* This festival focuses on culture urbaine: Hip-hop dance leçons, musique, and urban art (such as graffiti) will be some of the highlights. The basketball contest is being held at Gymnase le Pioline and inscriptions are 20€ per team (buy tickets here). There is a free concert by LEFA de la Sexion d’assaut after the tournaments. *Watching the contest is free; however, participation on a team costs money.
- Juin 5-6 is the Journées Antiquité Brocant. This festival is free and will be held on the Cours Mirabeau. There will be over 50 expos selling antiquités and various other items, such as books, paintings, tapis, their latest works of art etc…
- Juin 5 is Quatuor Cadences. This free concert offre musique occidentale and orientale. It will be held at Musée Granet at 16:00.
- Juin 5 is also the Marché du Livre Ancien et Moderne at Place Hôtel de Ville. Summary: It’s pretty much a book market with all sorts of différents types of books.
- Juin 6-7 is the Musique de Chambre. This free Mozart inspired concert will be held at the Conservatoire Darius Milhaud at 20h.
- Juin 11, 18, and 25 is the Marché d’Artistes Peintres et Sculpteurs. This marché will be held at Place de l’Université
- Juin 10-12 is Festival des Livres, des Stars. This festival costs 5€, though the various celebrity encounters in cafés throughout Aix will be free. This fest is a way for auteurs and animateurs who have published something within the year to promote their works. They do dedications, conférences, and lecteurs.
- Juin 12 is Les Calades Provençales et les métiers d’art. This festival is free and will take place on the Cours Mirabeau. Included in this festival: Potiers, glassblowers, carpenters, and céramistes from the région.
- Juin 24 is la Fête de la Musique. This festival is free. Musique stages will be placed throughout the centre-ville. From several artistes on the Cours Mirabeau to Rue d’Italie to Place du Prêcheurs and so forth…
Aix offre quite a bit of free fun things to do, so, choose one (or all) and have a blast embracing culture Aixoise! ♦
**Free = the entrée to the fest. However, there’s always vendeurs selling something, so, purchases can be made. The payant festivals also offre vendeurs selling stuff.